Tuesday, August 9, 2016

2016 Summer Blog Challenge

Well, here we are. My sixth edition of the summer blog challenge, starting with my annual introductory post.

I was going to skip this year- what with work and school and kids and stress and life...I told myself that I really didn't have time to take on this project this year.

Kind of like I used to tell myself that I didn't have time to eat properly...

Or how I used to say that I didn't have time to work out...

Or how I once believed that I didn't have enough time left in my life to make any life changes worth making...

I've used the 'time' line before. It's not my first time at this rodeo.

And trust me when I say that it's true. I don't have free time. I haven't had free time in a very long time. I don't really have pockets of open space that allow me to just toss in a new project on a whim.

My time is like a big chunk of rock. If I want to do something amazing with it, I'm going to need to sculpt it out- chisel and all. It's not always an easy process. But the result is always worth it.

Writing, for me, is therapeutic. I write because I have too many thoughts in my INTJ brain and I need to get them out.

I write because if I didn't write, I'd have to talk- and those who know me know that I already do enough of that.

I write because it is the only time that I find to have real, deep conversations with myself about the world. When I don't write, it is so easy to ignore my inner voice, to forget to check in with my spirit, to go through the motions of life instead of creating it.

So, no- I don't have time to write. And yet, here I am- with five assignments looming- writing about writing.

Because writing makes me feel connected. And lately, I haven't been feeling a lot of that.
In fact, I've been feeling pretty damn isolated, and pretty damn disconnected.

And that's not a great feeling.

So, today I sit down to write. I will not watch that next episode of Girlfriend's Guide on shomi. I will probably not get my laundry put away. It is entirely possible that I will be up until 12am working on school work.

Because this is the missing piece in my journey to self-care and self-balance...

I find time to serve my muscles at the gym.

I generally find time to serve my heart on the studio floor.

I often find time to serve my stomach with proper food.

I am serving my brain with school...in fact, this month, I'm unconvinced that my brain doesn't need to go on a diet.

I serve my family, my friends, my employers, my community...

That doesn't leave much time, it's true. But it leaves me enough time to serve my soul.

And if it doesn't, then I will take this boulder I call my life, and start to chisel at it...

I've done it before, and I can do it.

I am my life's sculptor. I reserve the write to carve out my time as I need to in order to thrive...

Which leads me to this year's theme: Excavating Wellness- Unearthing Your Potential. 

But more on that in the next post!

<3 Zita

#sbc2016 #ExcavatingWellness #shamefreewellness #actionpotentialfitness


No comments:

Post a Comment